Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Funfetti Cake

There's just something about vanilla cake with sprinkles in it.  Funfetti is a classic around here and I almost love the cake batter of funfetti more than the actual cake. Shh!


A few months ago I made a classic birthday cake which was of course funfetti, for my mom's Activity Day birthday celebration!  We wanted an awesome centerpiece so I made a large 3 tiered cake and I also made cupcakes for easy eating and serving!


If you'd like to read more about my mom's Activity Day Surprise Birthday Party you can go HERE!

I've also used this recipe for a handful of smash cakes I've made recently.  It's perfect so the little ones can get messy but not too messy!  So much better than chocolate in my eyes.


I made Olivia's smash cake recently and had extra cake rounds and buttercream so I decided to make another cake for a friend that had been on my mind.  Luckily it tasted good because boy decorating that thing was a hot mess minute!! I made a time-lapse of the decorating you can find at the bottom of this post.  I learn something new with each cake I make and sometimes I learn specific things over and over again! haha  


I also have a new Youtube channel!! It's not much, but hopefully as I learn it will get a lot better!  I'd love for you to subscribe HERE!  


Funfetti Cake

-1 box Funfetti Cake mix
-3 eggs
-1/3 C. oil
-2 tsp. vanilla 
-1/2 C. milk
-2/3 C. sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare pan with nonstick cooking spray and flour for round cakes or cupcake liners for cupcakes.  Combine all ingredients until smooth.  Fill pans 3/4 full and bake for 16-21 minutes for cupcakes or 20-30 minutes for round cakes depending on pan size.  Let cool on cooling rack.

Vanilla Buttercream

-2 C. unsalted butter, room temperature
-6 C. powdered sugar, sifted
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-3 T. heavy cream
-Pinch of salt

Beat the butter for about 3 minutes until it is light and fluffy.  Slowly add the powdered sugar with mixer on low speed. Add remaining ingredients.  Scrape down bowl and beat for another 5 minutes.  Beat out air bubbles with a wooden spoon once finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment