Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Maggie The Well-Mannered Turkey

To finish up on my Mom's Manners Matter Feast with her Activity Day girls I wanted to share all the cute printables and the manner story we created.  This would be a perfect short story and activity for your kids or nieces and nephews before the big feast tomorrow!  


We blew up a big colored copy of the turkey clipart we were using on all the printables and printed out some feathers to correlate with the story.  


Maggie the Well-Mannered Turkey is all about a turkey named Maggie that didn't always have the best of manners.  She started learning about manners and realizing just how important they actually are, and once she learned a new manner she got a colorful new feather.  She ended up realizing how important and needed manners are and how they made life so much more colorful!



If you plan on reading and demonstrating this to a group my mom had a genius hack!  Place your tape on the feathers and then cover with wax paper.  It makes it super easy and quick to just remove the wax paper instead of worrying about all that tape once you're ready to hang them.  I also numbered hers and colored in the different feathers on the copy of the story so it would be easy for her to know which one was next. 


We wanted the story to relate to the girls some way so we created a little worksheet that they could use to help them learn and practice the specific manners they needed to work on individually. 


The line at the top of the page is perfect for the kids to write in their name.  Then they can write on the feathers which manner they need to work on, and color the rest of the page to their hearts content.  


If you wanted to give a treat along with it my mom found these adorable colorful feather suckers here in Utah at The Chocolate Covered Wagon, but you could even give a bag of M&M's, Skittles, or any candy that is colorful.  It would be so cute to give a little chocolate turkey wrapped in colorful foil!  If you're interested in the actual feather suckers she found at a local candy shop you can find them included with the Turkey holder HERE or HERE!  If you're on a budget like me, you could always make your own with a feather mold for suckers or chocolate.  These turkey sucker molds are adorable too!


Attach the tag that you can find down below and you are set!





My mom made a little mix of some yummy snacks which would also be perfect as a favor attached with the tag, she filled them in the cutest little turkey holders she bought on Etsy.


Here's a little peak in to how it all went for her.  She said it went so well and the girls loved it! 


I'd like to note that I did not create the clipart so I'm unable to share it below.  It is a turkey clipart that I bought online, printed on lots of different colored papers.  But I can share where I got it!  Click HERE for the Turkey and feather clipart I used!





Find more from here Activity Day Manners Matter Feast HERE!

Finally find all the FREE printable goodness below:

Maggie the Well-Mannered Turkey Story-HERE
Make Life Colorful with Manners-HERE
Well-Mannered Turkey Worksheet-HERE

13 comments:

  1. thank you Ruthanne, I am so appreciative of the printables and ideas. We have a super saturday two times a year for our grandchildren, your ideas are invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just seeing this comment and you just made my night!! It's been a struggle to keep blogging since it's hard to know if anyone is reading besides my mom! haha! Thanks for your kindness!!

      Delete
    2. This is the cutest idea!! I am planning to do this with my Activity Day girls this week. I think they will love it! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

      Delete
    3. Just seeing this Melissa! 😬 thank you so much for your sweet message and kindness! This story really is so fun! Thank you!! ❤️

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to do this for my kids in Faith in God! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much!!! Way to go! What a super cute and creative idea!! And, I love the pictures of your mom!! Love you all!!! Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Robyn!! This was one of my favorite activities of hers. Love you!! ❤️

      Delete
  4. So cute!!! People are still looking at this RuthAnne!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! You’re a sweetheart! ❤️

      Delete
  5. So cute!!! People are still looking at this RuthAnne!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Thank you so much!! I'm not the best planner so I really rely on wonderful people like you and your mom who have AMAZING ideas to help me with my primary girls!! I so so appreciate all these details so I can have a successful activity as well. I am planning on doing this activity this wednesday. Thank you so so much for keeping this blog up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Such a kind and thoughtful comment! Thank YOU for sharing! We hope your activity goes well!! I am keeping this blog up because there is so much already here, but do have a current site that I plan on updating regularly, it is ruthannestrong.com if you’re interested! Thank you so much for your sweet message!

      Delete