Friday, February 8, 2019

Foundation of Love Date Night In Box

Dallin was completely in his element with this months Date Night In Box.  As an engineer he thrived on building and thinking of the best possible way to make all of these activities.  It was so cute to see.  This months box was themed Foundation of Love.  


"A great relationship doesn't happen only because of the love you have in the beginning, but how well you continue building love until the end." -Unknown  I love that quote.  It's so true, young love is so fun and fresh but deep love and commitment comes from time and making sure you're both making the right choices for your relationship.  I'm grateful to have Dallin by my side through wherever life takes me and Olivia.  


Let's talk about what's inside this box!  Included in this box:  toothpicks,  jelly beans, block hard candy, tape, straws, popsicle sticks, pen, tea light candle, and measuring tape.  All the things you need to build your date night away.  


We started with setting the mood by making our own lantern out of popsicle sticks.  We wrote on each one something that helped build the foundation for our relationship (experiences, traits, etc.)  It was so great to read each one or have the same things that we now know we both appreciate and love.  


Once we had made our little lantern together we lit the candle.  It definitely helped set the mood.


Next activity was building a strong foundation.  With jelly beans and toothpicks we made a strong foundation to hold our tower.



Then we started building our structure out of tape and straws.  Our goal was to make the highest structure to hold a jelly bean at the very top.  


Dallin loved it!


We eventually had to move the structure to have more room, it was getting way too high. At the end of the night he said he could totally have kept going but didn't have enough time! haha He wanted to make the highest structure.


We got to 82 inches high.


Then he decided to add more because he wasn't ok with 82 inches.


He worked his magic and got the jelly bean to stay at 90 inches!!


It looked totally wild but it stayed!


Something I love about Date Night In Box is that it helps start conversations that are important.  Sometimes they may be a little cheesy but it gets us talking.  I never really thought twice about some of the things I do in our relationship but with the popsicle lantern activity I found out that they really do mean a lot to Dallin.  These boxes are so much fun and easy to whip out when we want a date night but they are perfect conversation starters too and that's what I love most about them.

I've heard so many of you love your Date Night In Boxes too!  Keep sending pictures or comments to me of what you think of these boxes and how it helps your relationship.  I love LOVE!  If you'd like to get your own Date Night In Box you can go HERE!


I did receive this box for reviewing purposes from Date Night In Boxes, but all opinions are honest and my own.  I'm grateful to share products I love with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment