Sunday, July 12, 2020

Chocolate Chip Cookie Hunt-Paula Deen


I'll be honest when I first watched Paula Deen's Quarantine Cooking-Chocolate Chip Cookies segment I was a little shocked!  People like their CCC flat??  AND crispy?? I was a little bewildered, but I thought.  Paula Deen is the Queen of southern cooking and has never lead me astray with one of her recipes, so I had to trust her.


And boy am I glad I did.  This recipe is full of flavor, textures and helped me realize that I actually really like thin, flat, chewy cookies.  That's the cool thing about Chocolate Chip Cookies, there is a recipe out there for everyone.  You can find or even create your ideal cookie recipe that is just perfect for YOU.  



Paula's Chocolate Chip Cookies have a few special ingredients too like milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and pecans!  After you make the dough and scoop it out for the cookies you actually press down and FLATTEN your cookies so you ensure you get that flat cookie.  It's crazy to me that we are actually seeking for flat, thin cookies; when i've been trying all my life to make cookies fluffier and bigger. haha!  

My Tips on this recipe:

I used 1 1/2 C. of chopped pecans and 1 1/2 C. milk chocolate chips, I couldn't get over the fact that I was putting more nuts than chocolate chips in my cookie so I had to adjust.  I did add about 1/4 C. more flour because I wanted to make sure I had enough.  



Flattening your cookie dough down with your hand and non stick cooking spray actually does make a difference instead of just flattening it down with your hand.  Try it for yourself!  I also liked the larger cookies over the smaller size I usually make.  Trust Paula people!


The dough for these CCC was unreal!  So delicious Livy and I couldn't stop taking bites.  I also loved the addition of the pecans!  The addition of pecans made it taste like coconut almost which I love!


Had to get a picture with my latest cookie, chalkboard and wreath combo!


No comments:

Post a Comment