Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Youth Sunday School Lesson: Always Remember Him

How do I keep my covenant to always remember the Savior?


This lesson has so much incredible information about our Savior, Jesus Christ and how important it is to always remember Him.  We covenant when we take the sacrament each week to always remember Him, but it's often easy to get side tracked or loose focus on the Savior.  I wanted to help the youth remember how they can include the Savior always, and make Him the center of their lives and hearts.


The word remember was brought up so many times while I was preparing for this lesson I knew I had to use it in some way.  I gave each person a little bookmark to write down their thoughts and ideas on, to help them remember this lesson and how to remember Him.

They could use the individual words in remember to help them as well; for instance for R they could put-Reassured when we keep covenants.


We read Helaman 12:1-5, and Alma 37:36-37.

When we always remember the Savior, we can "cheerfully do all things that lie in our power," confident that His power and love for us will see us through."  -Elder Christofferson

I told them about one of my favorite scriptures, Proverbs 3:5-6 that says trust in the lord with ALL thine heart.  Not just a portion.  We also read D&C 6:36 and talked a little about fear.  I then showed the class one of my favorite Mormon Messages- Men's Hearts Shall Fail Them.  Watch it!! It's seriously so good!  We then discussed how it's easy to get confused or fearful when we aren't focused on the Savior always. 


 We talked about how they can always remember the Savior and make Him apart of their daily lives.  I thought of praying, reading stories about Him-Elder Costa's talk in the outline is a great resource for this, write in your journal about how you've noticed His hand through out your day/week/life, etc.


I also gave them the challenge to remember the Savior for a full 24 hours.  I had a seminary teacher give this challenge to me when I was younger and it was such an eye opener to me to see how often my thoughts stray.  It was a perfect time for me to prioritize my thoughts and life. 

You and I can put Christ at the center of our lives and hearts and become one with Him as He is one with the Father.  We can begin by stripping everything out of our lives and then putting it back together in priority order with the Savior at the center.  -Elder Christofferson

As Elder Gong and Elder Christofferson said, Our Savior invites us to always remember Him because He always remembers us.  He said, "Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.  Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands."  We must never forget what He did for us.  Without His Atonement and Resurrection life would have no meaning, but with His Atonement and Resurrection our lives have eternal, divine possibilities. 


I wanted the youth to remember to keep the Savior at the center of their lives and hearts so along with the Remember bookmark I also gave them a little heart handout filled with M&M's.  I found these little heart containers at Dollar Tree around Valentine's Day, but THESE are a great, cheap option too.  If you didn't want to use little heart containers you could use little foil wrapped chocolate hearts too.  You could even put a tiny picture or sticker of Christ in the center of the heart for Primary age kids. 

This wire heart basket was perfect to store all the little handouts in, my Mom got it from the Dollar Spot at Target but HERE is a super cute option too!

If you'd like the free printable for the heart handout you can find them HERE!

Find the free Remember bookmark printable HERE!


I loved all of the talks found on the outline for this lesson.  Especially Elder Gong's and Elder Christofferson.  You can find all of them on the outline HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment