Friday, May 18, 2018

Activity Days Surprise Birthday Party

I know I have quite a few followers that are Activity Day leaders, and lets be honest that's one of my dream callings!  My cute mom serves in the Activity Days in her ward and I am so jealous of those girls.  We all know my mom gives 110% to anything she decides to do.  So to help out those followers that are leaders for Activity Days, and to let me live vicariously through you all I want to share my moms latest (most adorable) activity!  


She started the activity by meeting in the Primary room as they usually do, we had already set up the party in the Relief Society room.  After they did their usual introductions and everyone had arrived the other leaders turned the time over to my mom.  She acted like she didn't know it was her turn and that she forgot to plan anything.  The girls were shocked because come on it's my mom! haha She went on to say that they could clean the church for their activity.  The girls were so bummed that they had to clean for their activity, my mom told them to start all together in the next room (the Relief Society room).  When the girls walked in they were so surprised and excited-and glad to be doing something other than cleaning the church! haha

In lieu of little birthday presents given on each girls birthday my mom thought it would be so fun to throw a surprise party for all of them at the same time!


She had all the traditional birthday things.  The Warners love to have a candy guessing game at almost every party!  It's super simple to do, just fill a jar with candy and make sure you count the candy as your filling and then tie with a ribbon.  When everyone walks in to the party have them guess how many candy is in the jar and write down their guess with their name.  As the party is going on step away and see who got the closest, the winner gets the jar full of candy.

The cute cupcake box (from Hobby Lobby) she used for the numbers with the cake walk, but she even wanted to use it for prizes for the games.  It made a perfect decoration too!


She decorated with bubblegum confetti (genius and found at Dollar Tree) and balloons.  Simple and adorable!  The theme was perfect for Activity Day age girls 8-11!  

If you'd like to learn more about Activity Days you can click HERE!


No party is complete without favors!  My mom filled these adorable clear pails (Walmart in party section) with some super cute goodies:  donut ring (from Hobby Lobby), cupcake container (Walmart during Easter) filled with M&M's, chapstick (Dollar Tree), lollipop (Amazon), Zebra gum (Dollar Tree), party blower (Dollar Tree), pencil, Birthday notepad (Walmart with printable made by my sister Brittany), candy bracelet (Dollar Tree), hair band/tie (Dollar Tree), and Frooties (Zurchers).



She had the table set for them to play a few games and enjoy a little treat later on.  


My contribution to the party was making the cutest little birthday cake and cupcakes.  To find my post full of the recipes I used you can go HERE!



She even had a fun photo booth for the girls to take pictures and just have fun with.  
She put up sprinkle wrapping paper (Hobby Lobby) as the backdrop and the Happy Birthday banner (Dollar Tree).


She found these adorable props, including the Happy Birthday crown at Dollar Tree.


Silver streamers found at Zurchers were the perfect thing in the middle of the table with those adorable confetti bubblegum!


They had cupcakes and ice cream, she used the little ice creams in the plastic cups with the wooden spoons for easy serving and clean up.


Happy Birthday cake topper found at Zurchers.


She played Happy Birthday Bingo that my sister made with 
the cutest little cupcake erasers as markers.


They also played music while they did the cake walk (like musical chairs but with cupcakes), and they were each able to color a cute little coloring sheet!  Find all the printable on my sisters Teachers Pay Teachers account HERE!  Make sure to follow her, she does the cutest things!


I loved that she kept it easily within budget and was able to find the cutest things for such a good price.  Her tip is to find things at Dollar Tree that have multiples that cut the cost, and always make sure you are using a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby! 

I would say it was one of the cutest activities she's done to date!  Wouldn't you!?  

Remember to find the printables my sister made, go HERE!
SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. Is there any way to get the printables from the bingo game, the happy birthdays, and the coloring pages? Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so sorry!! I’m just seeing this! Click HERE at the very bottom of the post and it will pull all the files available up! ❤️

      Delete