Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Cake Decorating Day

As you've probably noticed I have been really into baking and decorating cakes.  I have always thought it would be SO fun to have a kids baking camp where I teach how to bake different things and a cake decorating day would just fit perfectly in the schedule.  

Luckily I have the cutest little nieces and nephews that let me throw little parties and humor me. 


It was so fun, even the set up!  Olivia was biting her fingers in anticipation. :)



I made sure to have:  lots of candy, plenty of buttercream, mini cakes pre chilled, paper plates, icing spatulas, aprons, and of course sprinkles.  I asked the kids what their favorite kind of cake was and they insisted on chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  I made lots of 4 inch cake rounds and used THESE cake pans.


The little bakers did amazing.  
 I started by showing them my tips and techniques then let them take it away.  


Brittany brought some fondant that everyone just loved!



Even though you might say the cakes turned out a bit decorated the kids had so much fun.


Even adorable little Evie got in to it!



She LOVED the sprinkles and putting all her decorations right on the side of the cake.



Brittany made the cutest certificates that I was able to sign and give to each little baker.


Even though Evie doesn't look thrilled in this picture I swear she had fun!



Everyones cake turned out great!



I love how their personalities came out on their cakes.  Adam made a dinosaur cake complete with rocks.  Can you see the dinosaur pushing the fondant rock on the top of his cake?  Genius!


I cut the cake that I decorated for everyone to have a taste and the kids took theirs home to eat with their families later on! 


With the leftover layers of cake I got a little creative!  First I made a Milky Way Cake.



With a perfect caramel drizzle and caramel and Milky Way candy pieces in the center. 



Then I did my favorite a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cake.


I tried the drip method using a spoon and it turned 
out a little thicker then I would've liked but that's ok!


Dallin was laughing so hard at this drip that ran a little too far!  It just goes to show everyone and every cake has it's good side!


This one was by far my favorite.  The chocolate layers with peanut butter frosting, chocolate ganache and peanut butter cup pieces in the middle could not be beat.



Can't wait to have more baking camp days with these cuties!


No comments:

Post a Comment