Sunday, October 7, 2018

Painted with Love Date Night In Box

This months Date Night In Box hit a little too close to home.  haha!  We have been deep into painting our front room which consists of our family room and kitchen so it's quite a big project.  So once we received this box in the mail I actually laughed.  More painting?! I thought for sure we'd be masters once we got around to date night.  


Included in this box were all the essential paint night supplies and a few fun extras.  This box included:  a candle, two canvases, acrylic paints, brush set, paper plate, cloth napkin, small cup, 2 suckers, and glue.  My box was missing the small cup but we had a few on hand, but the 2 suckers were completely destroyed during transit.  


I've always wanted to go to a little paint shop and have a paint night with Dallin, but I loved being in the comfort of our own home even more!  It was perfect timing to have some alone time and destress.  Even with Olivia crashing the date-as usual!


While Dallin was getting Olivia ready for bed I set out all of our supplies.  I'm still so amazed with Date Night In Box and their attention to detail.  It makes it so easy to have a date night in so easy any time you have an hour or so at home.  


Enter Olivia.  She would not nap so she stayed around for our whole date night.  She was so funny, she'd laugh and it was like she was laughing at my painting.  


There were two different options on how to go about painting, one including glue and the other was following a tutorial from Painting Parties.  We decided to follow the tutorial and it was so fun!  It felt like we were in one of those little paint shops learning from an instructor.  



Dallin was so good at this.  His laid back, relaxed demeanor really showed through with how amazing his painting turned out and how patient he was with it.  I loved seeing this side to Dallin that I haven't seen before.  


Even though I felt like I totally messed up with a lot of my painting, 
it still turned out pretty great.  That's the great thing about art.  
You are never wrong with how you did it, it's just a different take on it! 


Dallin loved the crystal sucker included in the box too!  I'm all for treats-day or night!


So heres our final product.  Which one do you like more!? 



Included in the Date Night In Box was the Date Night Pamphlet full of other ideas for date night.  It includes an optional menu for your date, activities, games and even show recommendations that go along with the theme of the box.  We finished our date night by taking the Colors of Love Quiz in the back of the pamphlet.  It was so interesting to see what it meant by the different colors that we chose. And how different we were from one another.  

I'm loving these Date Night In Boxes and I'm hoping you are too!  If you'd like to find out more about them you can go HERE!


I did receive this box for free for reviewing purposes, 
I'm grateful and excited to share products I love with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment