Friday, October 20, 2017

Youth Sunday School Lesson: Sharing the Gospel is a Treat!

How can I invite others to become more like the Savior?

I seriously loved studying for this lesson.  I had so many thoughts and emotions about missionary work while preparing it and it made me think so much of the book The Power of Everyday Missionaries.  It really is such an amazing book and it's under $10!



I started the lesson with a big, clear trifle dish full of candy. I told the class I would love to give them some, but I didn't know if the time was right and I didn't want to offend them so I would just leave it there and enjoy it myself.


I then went on to introduce the lesson and how we can invite others to become more like the Savior.  We talked about how we've been warned of dangerous situations and the experiences we've had.  We then related that to how that is like our responsibility to warn our neighbors and invite them to follow Jesus Christ.  I loved this talk from President Eyring, "Let Us Raise Our Voice of Warning".  He talks about an employer that he had years ago that he should have mentioned the gospel to and never did and how he felt about it.  After sharing his story I went back to my big dish of treats and asked them how giving them treats and sharing the gospel were related. Sharing the gospel and inviting others to become more like the Savior is like giving them the best treat!  It shows your love for the Gospel and for the individual you are sharing it with.


We talked about how we can invite others to become more like the Savior.  It always starts with love, then being an example and inviting with testimony.We also read Matthew 11: 28-30 and Moroni 10: 32 and then discussed how we could learn from the Savior about inviting others to live the gospel.  To close the lesson I shared the video Inviting All to Come unto Christ:  Sharing the Gospel.  It just shows you, you never really know how much of an example and influence you can be to others!




I gave them each a little bag of treats to remind them of the object lesson, but you could pair this tag with a homemade treat or just any kind of treat really!  No matter what you give-or don't give-remind them that sharing the gospel and inviting others to come unto Christ really is the best treat of all! :)


If you'd like 'the Inviting others is a TREAT!'  Tag you can find the free printable HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment