Sunday, October 1, 2017

October Visiting Teaching Handout Ideas

Enfolding with Love Those Who Stray

I cannot believe it is already October!? This year is almost over which means Christmas and baby time is right around the corner, which is super exciting and super terrifying! :)  

For this months visiting teaching message I came up with a few different ideas!  This month is all about reaching out and loving those that have strayed from the gospel.  I absolutely love this quote from Linda K. Burton, "Heavenly Father loves all His children.  No matter where they are-on or off the path-He wants them back home.  This message is about searching and looking for those that could use our love and attention.  After watching General Conference this weekend one of my favorite hymns sung was, Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd.  We each are truly dear to the heart of the shepherd, we have a loving Heavenly Father that loves and cares about each of us.  While we are here on this earth with one another we can search and look for those who have strayed or that are in need, and help each other on our way back home! 


So while we are searching and LOOKing for those in need we can always be stylish and have some chocolate in hand right?  


I love the idea of giving a pair of sunglasses!  I found this pair at Target for $7.99. 


Target also had the cutest eyewear cases for about $5.  This could be a super cute little gift if they already have a lot of sunglasses. 


Target also had these heart sunglasses if the ladies you visit teach are trendy and fabulous! 


I also found some super cute sunglasses at Walmart for only $2.50!


Or if you'd like to go the candy route pair this little LOOK! tag with a LOOK! candy bar!  You can find these at Macey's or Reams.



If you'd like to go the home route I have some adorable ideas!  To start what about the cutest little bird houses you can find HERE!  Super cheap and you can get them sent right to your house in 2 days! 


If you are giving the calendars for the IKEA frames, I've got you covered!  Wouldn't this be super cute on the fridge with a Halloween, home or heart magnet for the month?!


I love these little home blocks you can paint and give so they can put up in their house year round!  



Or give them the whole "Home Kit"  so they can switch out the "O" for different holidays or occasions.  You can find these on my little sisters Etsy shop HERE!



Or even a Halloween Chocolate House!! What a fun family night this would be! I found mine at Walmart for about $8.  


 Or even a home door mat!  I found this Home Sweet Home mat at Target for $20.  I think it's super cute, but I'd probably buy the cheaper ones from Walmart for a gift for multiple people.



I found these at Walmart for half the price!  


You could even give a seasonal one!  I even think it would be cute to give a homemade treat.

I love the idea of giving them a batch of sugar cookies cut out in an adorable little home cookie cutter.  Or even just give the little home cookie cutter!  You can find it HERE!


Along with the 'wrapping' theme, you could attach the tag to a cozy throw or blanket!  It's the perfect weather for blankets and getting cozy! I found these at Walmart for only a couple of dollars or THIS ONE is super cute too!  I even think giving some wrapped caramels would be a fun, little treat!



Which one is your favorite idea?  I think I like the sunglasses or Halloween Chocolate House!

Find all the free printable goodness below:




Love visiting teaching and handouts?  Check out my other ideas from each month this year below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment