Monday, January 9, 2017

January Visiting Teaching Handout

There are few things I love more than a good handout.  I'm so happy when I can find a reason to make and use one!  Visiting Teaching is the perfect thing I can do every month to get my "handout fix"!


The message for this month is the purpose of Relief Society.  In the message one quote stood out to me from the book Daughters in My Kingdom, "The Relief Society was not just another group of women trying to do good in the world.  It was different.  It was 'something better' because it was organized under priesthood authority.  It's organization was a necessary step in the unfolding of God's work on earth."

With my mind on the new year, the word organized stood out to me.  I love planners, calendars, and organizing in general so I thought what better way to organize and plan your month with the focus of what really matters most in this life.   Plan with a purpose.  I think if we maintain that focus all throughout this new year we will grow closer to Christ and grow so much more spiritually.


Just as the Relief Society was organized and planned with a purpose, we can organize and plan this new year to focus on what matters most.


I found the cutest planners and calendars in the dollar bins at Target.  I thought it would be so cute to add some planner stickers, pens, or even sticky notes or flags to help add some cuteness to the planners.  


If you wanted to go the route of a wall calendar they have some really cute options too!  There are even more colors and styles, I had a hard time choosing and STILL bought too much!


With the new year I wanted to do something that the ladies I visit could use or see all year long.  So adding a cute monthly calendar to the printout they can slide it in my favorite IKEA frame and leave it out all month long.  I'm going to give them one frame to start in January, and I'll give them a new calendar/message to slide in each month with new ribbons to change out.  IKEA also has other colors of these frames too! With these frames being only a dollar its so easy and inexpensive!


If you wanted to go a different route then the frame I thought it would be SO cute to give a different magnet with the message/calendar each month.  At the end of the year the people that you visit will have an adorable collection of magnets to use! 



Or you could give a mini magnetic clipboard in their favorite color or decorated clothes pin that they could keep up on their fridge all year long and just switch out the print out with the calendar or the message. 


This month I had to go with snowflakes!  We've seen a lot of snow in Utah so it's just fitting.  If you can't find an actual magnet that you like don't stress it!  My mom makes hers all the time!  She'll find cute paper or wooden cut outs and hot glue a magnet to the back and she has the cutest, unique  magnet in a flash!  

So if you'd like to join me in giving these out each month be sure to check back next month for a new handout idea and calendar!  I'm hoping to give the calendar each month, so feel free to join me!  

If you'd like the print out for just the message or the message with the calendar you can go HERE!

Don't forget to check out my other Visiting Teaching Handout ideas below.











2 comments:

  1. These Visiting Teaching handouts are so cute, Ruth Anne. I am going to share on my Facebook page. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sheena! That means a lot coming from you-you've got the cutest ideas! I would love it if you shared! :)

      Delete