Thursday, June 22, 2017

Youth Sunday School Lesson: Following Counsel from Priesthood Leaders

Why is it important to follow the counsel given by priesthood leaders?


Recently I gave this lesson to our cute youth Sunday School kids.  I'm not joking it was one of the easiest lessons to pull together thanks to a couple really easy helps.




We read D&C 1:38 and D&C 21:4-5 to learn more about how the Lord speaks through His servants.  We then discussed specific counsel the youth have received from a bishop, stake president or priesthood leader; and the blessings they have received from following their counsel. 


We then broke up into two groups and read "Two Lines of Communication" by Dallin H. Oaks. One group read about the personal line and the other read about the priesthood line.  I had the youth write on the board what stuck out to them while studying about each line.  We then read section three together and discussed how it's important to be aware of both of these lines of communication so we can be better connected to our Heavenly Father.




So of course I had to give something to help them remember how priesthood power blesses their lives, and I found the perfect printout at Older and Wisor HERE!  I've used this print out several times and each time I think it's just the cutest.  Find the free printable on her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment