If I were to picture the perfect cookie, I would think of this one. Full of peanut butter and chocolate goodness and even topped with mini peanut butter cups. I'm sold!
At first sight you may think these cookies are super complicated, but they are actually pretty easy. When I first found this recipe months ago on Your Cup of Cake I knew this was the cookie for me. I made some slight alterations to her recipe, which can be found below or you can find her original recipe HERE! Her pictures are enough of a reason to go over there, trust me!
I haven't met anyone that doesn't like these cookies! I made these for my Sunday School class this last Sunday, and really they were the star of the whole lesson. More on that to come so make sure to check back soon.
Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
Recipe from Your Cup of Cake
1 Box Devil's Food Cake mix
1/3 C. oil
1 T. brown sugar
Peanut Butter Frosting
1/2 C. butter, softened
3/4 C. smooth peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3-4 T. milk
3 C. powdered sugar
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache
3/4 C. milk chocolate chips
1/2 C. smooth peanut butter
Mini Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl to remove lumps. Add eggs, oil and brown sugar and stir until smooth. Batter will be thick.
3. Use a small cookie scoop to form small dough balls. Place on cookie sheets and gently flatten each dough ball.
4. Bake for 6-8 minutes depending on how fudgey you want them to be. Let cool.
5. For the Peanut Butter Frosting-Beat butter and peanut butter together. Add vanilla extract and milk. Slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add more milk if needed.
6. For the Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache-Microwave chocolate chips and peanut butter in 30 second increments until melted. Stir until smooth.
7. Once cookies are cooled place a heaping spoonful of frosting on a cookie and spread. Make a small hole for Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache with your knife. Fill hole with ganache and top with chopped mini peanut butter cups.
8. DON'T keep them in your house deliver them or give away to friends or you'll eat them all in record time! ;)