Saturday, October 22, 2016

September 2016 Highlights

On to September! 

This was our last month at our apartment and with our Sunday School class in our ward so we wanted to make sure our class got to try some of our favorite cookies!  If you'd like the recipe for these Peanut Butter Brownie Bites you can go HERE!


I spaced that it was Fast Sunday that week so I packaged them up early that morning so they could eat them after their fast.  If you'd like to read up on the lesson I gave to go with these amazing cookies about Keeping the Commandments you can go HERE!

Dine O Round started in good old SLC and we were so glad we were still living in SLC...until we saw the menu and pricing.  Prices went up and made it not such a great deal for most of the restaurants, we still went to one we thought was a good deal and wanted to try though. 
We went to SoCo and it was delicious!  Southern comfort food at its finest.  I had the most delicious fried chicken I gobbled it up so quick I forgot to take a picture! I also got these Hush Puppies for an appetizer and a brownie sundae for dessert.
Have you ever been to Mrs. Call's in Midway?  If not it's a definite must!  We went on one of their Saturday Seconds days and got a huge bag of amazing chocolate dipped caramels for a super good price.  People go bonkers for their caramels, and rightfully so! 

While we were in Midway we heard rave reviews of Café Galleria, and it was actually on our Dining Bucket List too.  This place was kind of a dud though.  We didn't really like our pizzas and the service was definitely not great. Maybe we just went on a bad day?? 

For Cody's Birthday we went to the Steak Pit up Little Cottonwood Canyon and it was of course perfect!
 



We went to the State Fair and loved it!


Dallin wasn't up for smiling for pictures as you can tell...but Emma's smile was on point that night!




I gave my last Sunday School lesson in our ward. :(  This lesson was all about how being obedient to the Gospel will give us the most rewarding and best fruit possible, if you'd like to learn more about that lesson you can go HERE!

We got some delicious dipped fruit at our favorite chocolate shop downtown-Cummings!



My cute Mom's birthday is in September!  Love that lady!


We moved out of our apartment into our first home! We had two moving times so one night we had sugar cookies from Schmidt's Bakery, and the next morning we had Banbury Cross Doughnuts!  Their filled doughnut holes are amazing!!!


We had so many awesome helpers, I can't believe I only got a picture of these two!  Dallin and I have incredible family members!


Here's our apartment.  It will always hold a special place in my heart.  I never wanted to live in SLC, really Dallin had to convince me.  But we lived on the top floor of this cute, little, old house and we loved it.  Yeah the summers were really hot and the winters were really cold and I couldn't fit all my pans in my mini Easy Bake Oven like oven but we survived! :)


We had been house hunting for almost 8 months and we were so happy to find something that was just perfect for us!  We love this cute, little home of ours!


I also got loads of Beauty Boxes!  If you'd like to see some First Impressions and Reviews you can search under labels on the right side under Beauty Boxes! 


So make sure to check back on house updates!  Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment