Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Painted Wood Blocks for Any Holiday

 
 
The girls in my family have been really into painting little decorations for Valentine's Day-yes I know I'm late. :)  But I thought I'd note some of the things that worked for us.  This is such a simple, easy, and cheap way to add some little holiday décor to your space no matter the holiday!  We also put papers on both sides to fill in those hard to decorate spaces.
 
All you need is:
-wood blocks
-your choice of paint
-cute paper
-Mod Podge
-Wood Glue
-ribbon
-hot glue
 
 
The steps are simple!
1. Sand your wood blocks.
2. Paint the edges of your block.  Let dry.
3. Attach your paper with wood glue. We like to use paint brushes for the glue and Mod Podge.  Let dry.
4. Paint over the paper with a thin layer of Mod Podge.  Don't worry about bubbles, let it dry overnight and they will all go away!
5.Repeat on the other side if needed. Let dry completely.
6. If you want to add ribbon around the edges put some dots of hot glue in a line and follow with your ribbon.  Brittany was a master at this. 


As you can tell I got a little carried away, but I couldn't decide on which paper I liked the most!  My Mom picked them up at The Wood Connection, its a super cute place in UT. 
 



 
^^Are you joking me?! A donut decoration!! It's calling my name! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment