Thursday, April 27, 2017

Youth Sunday School Lesson: Easter Lesson

How can I share my testimony of Jesus Christ's Resurrection?

Last year I was able to give the Easter lesson too (you can find it HERE).  I kind of goofed and thought I HAD to teach 2 topics, but I think it worked out pretty well even considering the mix up.

This year there wasn't any mix up in schedules or teachers
so I was able to fully focus on Easter in all it's greatness.


His Life

We focused on our Savior Jesus Christ, His incredible life and His resurrection.

We started the lesson by watching the video Because of Him.  Just a reminder to always download your videos before you get to church.  It makes it such a breeze when you go to play it.

After I asked them for descriptive words about our Savior and wrote them on the board.

The Master not only foresees perfectly the growing power of the opposing forces but also knows what it is like to be mortal.  He knows what it is like to have the cares of life press upon us.
-President Henry B. Eyring

We then talked about how we can always turn to him in moments of joy or sadness because he knows what it's like.  He can relate.

The Resurrection

After talking about His life we went on to talk about the resurrection.  We watched the video Sunday Will Come to introduce it.

And God shall wipe away all tears form their eye; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain:  for the former things are passed away.
Revelation 21:4

We then talked about how the knowledge of Jesus Christ's Resurrection makes a difference in our lives.  I love this quote from President Monson, "I know that my Redeemer lives!" May the whole world know it and live by that knowledge."  This brought so many new topics like why we do things here on earth, perception of daily challenges, temple work, death of loved ones, and living together in love with our families.


Testimonies of the Apostles

Which led us into testimonies of the apostles.  We watched He Lives:  Testimonies of Jesus Christ, which is really awesome.  It is a perfect compilation of so many amazing testimonies of our Savior.  Then read D&C 76:22-24.

The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it." 
-Joseph Smith


We talked about the importance of having living prophets and apostles that bear witness of the Resurrection and why that's so important, then talked about how we can share our own testimony of Jesus Christ's Resurrection.


We also did this fun marking activity with The Living Christ, find the idea and printable HERE!


The youth love when I bring treats so I made a batch of Rice Krispy Treats, find the recipe HERE!  Along with this little pass along card, which so happens to be one of my favorite pictures, I added a little thought to the back and encouraged the youth to write their testimonies of the Savior or the descriptive words we discussed about Him earlier on the back of the card. I hoped the youth would put this picture somewhere they look often to remind and remember to share their testimony of Jesus Christ.


The talks I used:


I Know That My Redeemer Lives!-President Thomas S. Monson


He is Risen!-President Thomas S. Monson


If you are interested in the printable for this lesson you can go HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment