Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The White Stocking

The White Stocking has been a tradition in our house for years.  My Mom found this poem years ago and we just love it!  Every year we hang up our white stocking by all the other colorful ones. One year we even gave some to a handful of neighbors for neighbor gifts. 
 
This poem is a perfect reminder of what the Christmas season is all about.  You also get to make a goal or improvement for the next year and look back on the previous challenge.  I've loved this tradition and I hope you and your family do to!
 
My Mom gave one to each person in her Primary class for Christmas.  Her and my little sister made these stockings, then my Mom wrapped it in a beautiful little package.  He really is the greatest gift!
 




 
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!  I have been reading all the talks from the LDS Christmas Devotional and I've absolutely loved it. If you want to read along with me you can go here!
 
"And the angel said unto them, Fear not:  for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."  Luke 2:10-11

1 comment:

  1. I love the way Mom wrapped them! She forgot to give me a stocking by the way.

    ReplyDelete